Recent studies suggest that the most common health ailments such as hypertension can be managed by pomegranate juice. Besides being an anti-hypertensive, it also acts as an effective anti-cancer agent. Pomegranate juice combats breast cancer; the fruit extract also helps in treating lung cancer.
The anti-inflammatory properties of pomegranate make it, the best fruit for those patients suffering from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Nutritional values in a 100gm edible portion of pomegranate
• Calcium- 10 mg
• Iron- 0.3 mg
• Magnesium- 12 mg
• Phosphorus- 36 mg
• Potassium- 236 mg
• Sodium- 3mg
• Fiber- 4 g
• Carbohydrates- 18.7 g
• Protein- 1.67 g
• Skin- Studies reported that pomegranate juice, extract, and oil is used in dermal products to help treat photoaging and skin cancer.
• Dental- Dried and powdered pomegranate peel is used in the treatment of C.albicans infections.
• Healing- pomegranate fruit extract and flowers are used for reducing the inflammation in the wounded area. It also helps in faster healing of the affected area.
• Cures anemia- pomegranate has high amounts of iron. It helps in improving the haemoglobin levels in the anemic patients.
• Regenerating skin cells- Pomegranate helps in regenerating skin cells, tissue repair and encourages blood circulation to the skin.
• Softening the skin- Pomegranates has the potential in preventing hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, fine spots and blemishes on the skin.
Consuming pomegranate on a regular basis helps you enjoy the health benefits from it.