Custard apple, commonly called as Seetaphal in India is one of the most loved seasonal fruits. This delicious seasonal fruit is packed with various nutritional benefits.
The 100 gram of custard apple has nutrition in following forms:
• Calories 80-101
• Protein 2-3g
• Fat 0.5g
• Carbohydrate 20g
• Fiber 0.9 g
• Calcium 17.6 mg
• Phosphorous 14.7mg
• Iron 0.42 mg
• Carotene 0.007 mg
• Thiamine 0.075 mg
• Riboflavin 0.086 mg
• Niacin 0.528m
• Ascorbic acid 15 mg
• Nicotinic acid 0.5 mg
Nutritional Benefits of Custard Apple
Custard apple contains nutrients and minerals that are beneficial for healthy living. Here are the different nutrients with its health benefits:
Vitamin C: Custard apple contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that fights free radicals thereby preventing diseases.
Vitamin A: Presence of this vitamin helps keep skin and hair healthy. This vitamin is good for the eyes too.
Potassium: Potassium present in the fruits makes you active and removes the lethargies. Potassium also helps to fight muscle weakness.
Magnesium: Magnesium helps in maintaining water balance in the body, it is good for arthritic patients by removing acids from joints.
Copper: Copper content present in the fruits helps prevent constipation.
Fiber: Custard apple has plenty of fiber that helps in smooth digestion and eases constipation.
Medicinal Uses of Custard Apple
The nutrients present in the fruit, especially magnesium is good in the prevention of strokes and heart attacks. The other benefits include-
- Help gain weight – Custard apple is an ideal snack that helps put on some weight. The sugars present in the fruit boosts up metabolic rate, thus stimulating appetite levels.
- Improves immune system – Custard apple is an excellent source of antioxidant Vitamin C which is known for anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties.
- Increases Energy levels – Custard apple is an excellent source of energy; it helps reduce muscle weakness and helps fight exhaustion.
- Bone health – the calcium content present in custard apple improves bone health and reduces the chances of arthritis and other bone-related conditions.
- Vision – Riboflavin and vitamin C present in custard apple helps to combat free radical destruction that helps in maintaining eyesight.
- Heart health – The balanced ratio of sodium and potassium in custard apple controls blood pressure fluctuations in the body. The high levels of magnesium strengthen the smooth muscles of the heart, thus preventing heart attack and stroke.
- Strong digestive system – The delicious fruit is very effective in treating indigestion; it flushes the toxins from the intestines and prevents stomach related diseases like heartburn, ulcer, gastritis, and acidity.
- Skin and hair – Custard apple is not only delicious but is excellent for the skin and hair as well due to the presence of nutrients like vitamin A, C, B, antioxidants that are required for rejuvenating the skin health.
- Prevents Premature labor – Copper present in the fruits helps form hemoglobin and helps prevent premature labor.
Start including custard apple to your diet and reap the benefits it renders to your health, hair, and skin.